Consolidated Brass Company, a family owned and operated business for 82 years, got its start in Detroit, Michigan in 1928 as a merger of two companies manufacturing boiler trim components, gas cocks and air cocks. The company name was later shortened to the acronym CONBRACO, and in 1957 the company moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. It was 1968 when Conbraco Industries, Inc. produced and marketed the first Apollo bronze ball valve. By 2008, the branded trade name “APOLLO” was more recognized than the corporate name, so all products we re-branded Apollo Valves. Today, approximately 95% of all Apollo Valve products are manufactured in Pageland, South Carolina and Conway, South Carolina, U.S.A.
On June 2, 2010, Aalberts Industries, N.V., a publicly traded Dutch company, acquired 100% ownership of Conbraco Industries, Inc. Today, Conbraco Industries, Inc. continues to operate as Apollo® Valves, manufactured by Conbraco Industries, Inc. in its 88th year, and is managed by the same executive officers and management team that was in place prior to the sale.